What Do You Need?
What do you need?
We know that there are many situations that give rise to uncertainties or you need a 2nd pair of eyes when you are running a community business or even thinking about setting one up. These are some examples of the situations we have tackled so far.
- Business training course had been completed, but support and encouragement still needed.
- Basic social enterprises had been set up, but the foundations now needed to be built on.
- Community businesses had been running for a little while, but circumstances changed or evolved and help needed putting new plans in place.
- Policies had been put into place when community businesses were set up, but now Policy Reviews were needed to check whether they reflected the business accurately and were being implemented.
- Community businesses easily explain what activities they run, but exploration of the community business DNA, the very essence of what the business is all about and how to promote it still needed.
- Help needed in writing grant or commissioning bids, putting into words what social value was being aimed for and how social outcomes would be monitored.
- Lots of projects running within community businesses and lots more ideas bubbling up, causing panic about how they could all be managed. Support needed as to how to manage the portfolio.
- Help needed to ensure CIC’s are ready to submit their annual returns with their CIC34 report at the right time to Companies House.
- Community businesses struggling to find Directors who know their role in Governance.
- Help needed to know what to do to register a CIC.
- Setting up a CIC being considered, but an explorative chat as to whether a CIC was the right business type for the enterprise needed.
- The CIC36 to accompany a CIC application to Companies House had been written, needed someone to sanity check it before submission.
- Struggling to know how to demonstrate the community business’ DNA, Social Profit and contribution to sustainable communities in promotions. Help with revitalising plan to a strategic level to give a clear focus was needed.
- Finding planning mechanics that fit an individual’s way of doing things needed, where templates are not visual enough or practical enough, do not relate to the terms used, just can’t find what works best.
- For lone workers, a 2nd pair of hands to get all the essential bits done on a regular basis needed.
- An idea for an exclusive graphic or presentation just needed someone to create it on screen.
- Support required to use Excel for outcome monitoring.
- Help needed to form partnerships and collaboratively work with other CICs.